Sign Up For Emergency Notifications
Civic Ready Emergency Alert System Instructions
With any emergency we try very diligently to make sure our citizens are given all the information we are given. There are many ways to receive this information. One of the best ways is to sign up for Civic Ready Alerts. This is the system we use to send out alerts about emergencies such as water issues or even tornadoes. When you sign up for these alerts you are able to customize how you receive alerts. You can receive alerts by text message, voice call, or email, or all of the above.
To sign up for alerts please follow the steps below:
- Click the white and orange box to the left that says "CivicReady sign up for alerts".
- Scroll down until you see the Civic Ready Box and it should say “Already a member? Log In” and then below that it says “New? Sign Up! Please enter your information below, as a new member. If you are already a member you can sign in here to edit your notifications by following the instructions below.
- Once you have entered your information as a new member, you will have the choice to receive alerts via email, text, or voice. Please make sure that whichever type of alerts you want are check marked. And then click join. If you are wanting text message (SMS) alerts you must check the box that says “enable Civic Ready to send me messages”. Otherwise you will not receive the Text Messages.
- You are now registered for Emergency Alerts through our Civic Ready System
If you already have a Civic Ready Account:
- You will go to https://www.kaufmantx.org/2243/Signup-For-Alerts to log on to your existing account. Once there you will log in with your email address.
- After you log in you will be directed to your personal profile dashboard. This will show you what information you have entered and will also be where you can change information (except email).
- To change your address or phone number you simply add the new address or phone number and then delete your old one. Add a new number or address by clicking on the links below your information that is already added. To delete, simple click the trash can icon to the right of the information you wish to delete.
- You can also change how you receive alerts here as well. Make sure that the box is checked next to the type of alert you wish to receive. Make sure that whichever kind of alert you receive, you check often as we do send out information on emergencies including tornadoes.
- You can also reset your password on this page.
- Once you have changed information please make sure you click the save button on the bottom to ensure your changes are implemented.
- From this page you can also delete your account if you no longer wish to receive alerts at all or if you have moved from Kaufman.
If you are having trouble with Civic Ready alerts or getting registered, please contact City Hall at
972-932-2216 and ask for Lexie. Thank you!