The election information in this section of the City of Kaufman website is provided to promote the democratic process.
For complete information regarding Voter Registration and Election in Texas: Secretary of State and Texas Ethics Commission.
The Mayor and three (3) Council members shall be elected for two (2) year terms at the general election in odd-numbered years and three (3) Council members shall be elected for two (2) year terms at the general election in even-numbered years.
Early voting for the May 6, 2023, General Election begins on April 24th. To view polling locations and dates/times, (will be posted when available)
Election day will be held on May 6, 2023. Polling locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. All election day polling locations will be posted when available.
2023 Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on Ballot
2023 Candidate Packet
Application for Place on Ballot
Appointment of Campaign Treasurer
Code of Fair Campaign Practices
Each of the candidates for Mayor and Council members shall meet the following requirements set forth by the City of Kaufman’s Charter:
- Shall be at least twenty-one years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing.
- Shall be a qualified voter.
- Shall have resided within corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least twelve months prior to election day.
- Shall not, after notice of any delinquency, be in arrears in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City.
- No candidate may file in a single election for more than one office or position as provided for in this Charter.
- No employee of the City shall continue in such position after filing for an elective office provided for in this Charter.
- TEC Political Advertising: What You Need to Know
- TxDOT Rules for Posting Campaign Signs
- City of Kaufman Zoning Ordinance Political Sign Regulations
For more voter information please call the Kaufman County Elections Office.
Kaufman County Elections Office
The City contracts with the Kaufman County Elections Office to conduct our elections:
3001 S. Washington Street
Kaufman, TX 75142